There are a variety of herbs for hemorrhoids that work as well, and often better, than over the counter and prescription medications. Some herbs can be applied topically, others work when inserted into the anus and serve to clean the area and reduce symptoms at the same time. Here are a few of your choices:
* Fresh pulp aloe vera gel applied to anus takes away pain much like aspirin.
* Bayberry, goldenseal root, myrrh, white oak as salves are similar to many over the counter, conventional hemorrhoid treatments.
* Comfrey root made into a paste and put in a poultice is a good way to heal bleeding caused by hemorrhoids.
* Elderberry poultice or mullein poultice held to the anal area helps reduce swelling and inflammation.
* Yarrow boiled into a tea and applied with a cotton ball several times a day is another anti-inflammatory agent.
* Witch hazel applied with a cotton ball a few times a day acts as astringent.
* Buckthorn bark, collinsonia root, parsley, red grape vine leaves, stone root are best taken orally in capsule or tea form, and reduce pain and inflammation.
* Peeled cloves of garlic and small cone shaped pieces of potato used as a suppository a few times a week are also common home cures for hemorrhoids.
* Similarly, cayenne and garlic enemas work well to ease symptoms.
Prevention goes a long way when it comes to hemorrhoids and once you've gotten rid of the initial onset, keep them from coming back by changing your diet. Take 1-2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil daily, drink plenty of liquids, and foods like alfalfa sprouts, blackstrap molasses, dark green leafy vegetables as well as foods rich in dietary fiber like beets, Brazil nuts, psyllium seed, green beans, carrots, apples, and broccoli.
LASIK is a safe and efficacious refractive surgery procedure. It is also the most prevalent of all refractive eye surgery techniques. With such overwhelming prominence, LASIK is often believed to be a panacea for all refractive anomalies. Therefore, the expectation of patients undergoing LASIK is unduly high. But LASIK is a surgical procedure and it's bound to have a few potential complications and risks. Patients who conjure up an image of LASIK, believing it to be an 'elixir for the eye', are often thwarted at the outcome of the procedure. Satisfactory results often require realistic expectations.
In most patients, LASIK is capable of enhancing un-corrected vision (without the aid of corrective lenses). Over 90% of patients with low to moderate myopia are imparted 20/40 vision, which is the benchmark for qualifying for a drivers' license in most of the US states. Over 50% of LASIK patients are expected to achieve Snellen 20/20 vision. However, a 20/20 post-LASIK vision does not necessarily mean that you would enjoy crisp and sharp vision. While the Snellen benchmark is a useful visual acuity test, it is not the only way to assess vision. For instance, a Snellen eye exam doesn't evaluate color and light sensitivity, night vision, or the accommodation power of your eyes (the ability to focus on nearby and far away objects intermittently).
LASIK involves rapid visual recovery and visual acuity is restored within a day or two. But it may take a fair amount of time for the complications and side effects, if any, to subside. During this period, normally 3 to 6 months, the patient might experience halos, glare and starbursts around light sources at night. Ghost vision or double vision is another reported side effect. In general, after LASIK surgery, myopic patients recover hastily when compared with hyperopic patients.
Though LASIK often eliminates the need for eyeglasses and contact lenses, some patients might still require a minimal prescription for certain activities. The need for reading glasses would typically surface beyond the age of 40, since this is when presbyopia (also called 'short arm syndrome') sets in. LASIK may also pronounce the dry eye condition. LASIK is an irreversible procedure and the physical results are permanent. However, eyes may experience age related changes even after LASIK surgery.
If you find a LASIK surgery that you are confident with, you will be able to get more information about what to expect from LASIK laser eye surgery.